Saturday, September 27, 2008

The First Few Days...

Mercredi, le 24 septembre, 2008

Well, it is my second day in Paris and I am writing this journal entry from le jardin du Luxembourg, one of the biggest green spaces in the city. When I take a look up from my computer there is the palais du Luxembourg, and if I look just to the left I can see the top of la Tour Eiffel. I have posted pictures of this garden that you can see. It is located right next to the dorm I am living in for the moment and it was the first major place I visited, almost as soon as I arrived in Paris. It is gorgeous, and I like to come here to people watch, stare at the palace, or just think.

However, I haven’t had that much time to do this in the couple of days I have been here. My days have been very full. I have seen Notre Dame, l’hôtel de la cite, le Bastille, gone on a walking tour of la marais (one of the most historic parts of Paris), and walked miles all over Paris by myself and with others in the program. I have eaten un pain au chocolate, un crepe with bananas and nutella, and of course un sandwich (Rebecca!). I’ve also ridden the Metro multiple times and it’s great.

The next couple of days are full as well. We have orientation meetings, but we also have guided tours of the Louvre tomorrow, the Museé d’Orsay on Friday, and Versailles on Saturday. Hopefully on Sunday I can move into my dorm, located in la Cité Universitaire. It is near the Montparnasse cemetery and general region, and I am excited to see what new adventures will arise in this environment of students in Paris for a common reason!

I can’t express how amazing it is to be in this city. Of course I haven’t settled in completely and I still feel quite foreign in this country, but I still absolutely love every minute.

More pictures and posts to come, so please check back soon!

Love to all,

Sunanna

No comments: